Sunday 21 July 2013

Summer Beauty

Unless I am abroad I like to wear make up during the summer. However it is lighter that usual. Read my tips and avoid the makeup slide.


Moisturiser

 It is important to continue moisturising even though you are using sun cream lotion. Our skin becomes drier after being exposed to the sun and air conditioning. Plus clothes are getting smaller and who wants white patchy legs! I am using Garnier Skin Naturals Summer Body Moisuriser Lotion Light at the moment, it has a gradual tanner which is great for when I get the pinns out. I use this every time I finish showering. 


Exfoliation

Exfoliating every other day stimulates and renews skin cells. During the summer you will be using sun cream lotion, after sun and more moisturiser; exfoliating will help to clear the skin of excess oils and help you to gain a clearer complexion. I use St Ives Scrub for my face, I always feel really invigorated after using. For my body Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush- smells amazing.


SPF Protection

SPF 15- 30 is what you should be using. Choose a foundation that has a built in SPF. I use Benefits Hello Flawless. It has SP 25, and is a brightening foundation. If you can get away with less cover use a BB cream or tinted moisturiser (Jel!).


Keep makeup simple

Keep it simple - water proof mascara, lip tint and a shimmery blush and or bronzer
Avoid the makeup slide!

I also love wearing a bright coral nail varnish on hands and toes. 
I carry a Nivea chap stick in my handbag at all times.


Hope that you find this helpful!

@Zazz_talk   

No comments:

Post a Comment